Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 2



Yesterday I wrote about how much our lives have changed since A. was born. One way that I knew was going to be tough for me would be the amount of sleep I would get for quite a while. I need like a lot of sleep. I’ve always been one of those people who would sleep 9 hours a night to be fully functional. Needless to say, I haven’t been getting 9 hours of sleep a night for the past few weeks. At first it wasn’t so bad. I was hyped up on adrenaline and A. slept for hours on end and I could take naps. And G. was getting up with me every time that A. woke up and helped put him back to bed so I could go right back to sleep after A. ate. But as time went on, G. couldn’t keep up with being up all night and being at work all day as well. And since I could nap during the day, I told him he needed to stop getting up all the time with us and that I would wake him up if I needed him. Then, A. stopped sleeping as well during the day, became quite a bit fussier, and my naps disappeared. (I’m told that the first few weeks of a newborn’s life is truly a honeymoon period and that this is completely normal) After 6 weeks of only getting 3 hours of sleep in a row at most, I was running on empty.


 And then, A. went 7 hours between feedings, and I got 6 hours of sleep. I feel like a new woman-my tank is full again. I so am thankful for God’s perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment